THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DAY 2 Trip To Tucson Arizona 4-21-09

Day 2, Wednesday, 4-21-09, here in Tucson, started off great and ended with another one of my C.R.S. episodes. It will be explained later. So, scroll on down & meet Bill's family and check out his backyard and his neighbor's friend's 87 1100 Sporty. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.



Today started off when I got up and saw Bill's daughter, Emily. She is four years old and she loves her Uncle John. She knows I only have half a foot and she says she is going to find me five new toes at the store... She's a cutie..



This is Daisy, Bill's half boxer and half pit bull. So far, she still loves me too. Thank You God!!!

Emily got ready for school and did this little pose.



Before leaving for school, Emily gets with her big sister, Lisa. When Lisa walked into the kitchen wearing those footed pj's, I had to get a picture of her. She still calls me Uncle John and she is in her mid 20's. I think that is so kewl. We have pictures of Lisa & my son, Matt, together in diapers, when they visted Texas back in the 80's..




I went out back to take some pictures of the back yard that Bill & Jackie (his wife) have redone and I saw Lisa picking up doggie "landmines". I told her I couldn't believe she was picking it up & she says if she doesn't, Emily let's her know about it.





Here is Lisa, all smiles. And guys, she is single but spoken for. I got to speak to her boyfriend, Andy, who lives in Pocklington England, which is near York. She was talking to him on her lap top and not only can they talk but you can see each other. The laptop must have a built in web cam. Anyway, he seems like a very nice guy and I give Lisa a thumbs up...





Bill has four bikes, a 73 Kawasaki Z1, a 77 Triumph Silver Jubilee, a 2008 Triumph 900 Bonneville and a 2006 Harley Fatboy. I will get photo's of all of them and do posts on each one and it's history from Bill. This is the bike shed. It is really cool inside and when we head out later on, I will get some pics.






This is Samson, the other family dog. Samson is half Black Lab and half Charpei and he is bigger than Daisy. Samson & I are now friends.







Some of the additional work they have done to the backyard. That big bush is on the side of the bike shed








This is the enclosed area where Emily can play and the dogs can't...






A view from outside by the back door










The wall between the houses. He has those solar lights back there and at night it is really pretty. It gets pitch black out there and those lights are a soft blue. I'll attempt to get a pic of it at night.







A view of the back gate that the bikes come in and out of. That is nothing but desert on the other side that you will see from the next pic..






The view of the desert from the back gate. He says the rattlesnakes can't get over the fence into the backyard, but they do have "free roaming rights" in the front yard. I park Ms. Clone out front and now I'm paranoid. John & snakes do not mix and are not on friendly terms. My feelings are, the only good spider or snake is a dead spider or snake...Bill tells me not to worry because the rattlers are only about 3 feet long or so, you know, small ones...Great to know Bill.....Crap






A view back towards the house from the back gate




This is Bill's wife, Jackie. She is from Leeds, England and she & Bill met in West Africa while her family was on Holiday (Vacation to us Yanks) and Bill was touring West Africa. He was stationed in Leeds at the time.. Coincidence or what.. She is also one fantastic cook. I told Bill he ought to weigh 500 lbs instead of the 165 lbs that he is...





We were in the house when we hear a Harley pull up across the street at Jason & Kim's. You'll meet them here in the next day or two. Jason got a basket case Harley and finally got it together. You'll see that also. But this is a 1987 1100 Harley Sportster. I was told this model was made for two years only and then was bored out into the 1200 Sportster's that we have today.




A view of the right side of the Sportster and the final picture of Day 2. The reason this is the final pic is because of my major Brain fart. We left here, walked back to Bill's and got ready to leave to go meet Dale and his daughter & son-in-law, Marie & Manuel. So, I go in and pull the batteries from my camera and put them in the charger. I take the other two batteries and lay them on the couch. I then wandered off. Bill came in the living room and said he'd meet me out front on the bike. I went & put on my vest, grabbed my camera and left. We got to this place called the " Branding Iron Restaurant" and met up with everyone. I went to take pics of everyone & the bikes and ol' dumbass John forgot to put the batteries back in the camera. We had fun but the picture taking was a bust. That WILL NOT happen today. I will post Day 3, tomorrow morning.
Scroll WAY down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops................JOHN

















No comments:

Post a Comment