THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DAY 1 Trip to Tucson Arizona 4-20-09

Day 1 of the trip to Tucson Arizona will start in my garage on 4-20-09 at 0330 hrs and will go from there to the Arizona State Line. So scroll down and check the ride and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.



Janice took this pic of me at 0325 hrs just before I left the house.


The next pic was daylight at the first rest area west of Monahans Texas on I-20. This is Keith, who was riding with his brother, Royce to the Davis Mts. They are from Big Springs Texas


This is Royce & Keith by their Harley's at the rest area



Royce & Keith by their Harley's. Actually, the Ultra belongs to Kenneth, their dad who loaned the bike to Royce. And to show you that even though the biker world is large, it can be small at times. Their Dad knows Charles, President of the Wichita Falls Chapter "Glorybound" of the C.M.A. and has for a long time. So, Charles, Keith & Royce wanted for me to tell you their dad, Kenneth Carson a.k.a Bear says hi...



Royce & Keith. It was a pleasure meeting you today and ride safe thru those mountains..


Delbert , the driver of the truck, came over and joined Royce & Keith for this picture. He was showing us the pictures of his 08 Harley Heritage Softail Classic. So, you never know when you are gonna run into a brother or sister, no matter what they happen to be driving at the time. Keep on Truckin', Delbert, and hurry and delivery that load because we know that you can't wait to get back on the bike. Drive safe and ride safe bro...





I was coming up on Pecos Texas and this was my speed and gas tank status...The speed limit on I-20 down there was 80 mph






The barren view on I-20 at Pecos Texas







As you enter the city limits of Pecos, this is the view you see if westbound on I-20








After passing Pecos, this is the view as you close in on the I-20/I-10 merger..









And then the merge....











A view of the desert as I continue west towards El Paso Texas










It was a great ride and scenic all the way.












Ms. Clone at a rest stop outside El Paso













Closing in on El Paso..



In El Paso, I-10 West was closed down due to an 18 wheeler flipping over, and knocking over a light pole that blocked all Westbound lanes for two hours. I ended up by this fence...







I apparently went left instead of right somewhere on the detour around the accident because I ended up on eastbound 135 loop and this is where I ended up. This is the border fence in El Paso. The Rio Grande is right on the other side of the fence and those trees are in Mexico...






Another view of the border fence. A guy told me, when I finally stopped to find out where in the heck I was at, that I was on the "Border Freeway" and no that wasn't an electric fence warning sign. When he finished laughing he said it was a warning not to climb the fence. From what I saw from all the patchwork on the fence, the illegals obey and don't climb it. They just cut a hole thru it..









An hour or so later, I finally got thru El Paso and 18 miles later, it was: Welcome to New Mexico

And after a two hour sweltering wait on I-10 in El Paso, all the cars got to this Border Patrol checkpoint just West of Las Cruces New Mexico. Three lanes of I-10 to 1 lane on I-10. I don't complain about this and I salute the men & women of the US Border Patrol for the job they do, in miserably hot weather. But they do a dangerous job and a necessary job.









As I was heading West on I-10, I got this picture of a rider on her Harley.









I had passed this train and as I took this picture of these mountains, the engine pulled into view. I thought it made a pretty neat pic.










A short time later, I made it to the Arizona State Line. This will conclude Day 1. I had a great time and a great ride getting here. I really look forward to the week or so I will have here with Bill & his family and all the other folks I made friends with and rode with last year. I'll post Day 2 either tonight when we get in, or tomorrow morning.
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops................JOHN






















No comments:

Post a Comment