THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD 3-14-09

Saturday, 3-14-09 was my Dad's birthday. The first thing I did when I got up was call him, in Michigan, and wished him Happy Birthday. This was his 76th year here on the planet and I owe it to him for not removing me from the planet 40 something years ago when I was a teenager. As a matter of fact I owe it to both my parents for allowing me to live long enough to make it to adulthood.The Lord knows, with the crap I pulled when I was young, they would of been justified in "letting me sleep with the fish". Anyway, scroll down and see some pics of my Dad leaning on my brothers bike and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.




I rode up to Michigan with my son Matt & Rachel his girlfriend in 2008 and we spent a day or two at my brothers house. My brother bought himself a 06 Honda VTX 1300 to get back into motorcycling again after 20+ years. Here is my Dad sitting on it. My Dad use to ride bikes until a buddy of his got killed when they were out riding one day. That was better than 55 years ago and he hasn't been on a bike or sat on one until he sat on my brothers.


Dad up in Michigan in one of the State Parks that he loves. I think its around Pickney Recreational Area or maybe not....


And a final shot of Dad on Bob's bike. I am riding my bike up to Michigan in May to see everyone and to do a trip around the Lower Peninsula with my brother on the bikes. Can't wait to see everybody again.. Will have some great trip pics for both the motorcycle blog & the family blog when I get back to Texas...
Hope you had a great day Dad and here's to having many, many more!! This will conclude this post.
Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Rodney................JOHN



No comments:

Post a Comment