THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Northward to Michigan 5-19-09

Well, the duffle bag is packed and bungee'd on the bike. The gas tank is full. All I have to do is load the goodies in the saddlebags and back out of the garage and head out. I will do precisely that at 3 a.m. (a little less than 8 hrs from now). My non-stop run to Michigan will be via I-44 from Wichita Falls Texas, thru Lawton, Oklahoma City & Tulsa Oklahoma. Then thru Joplin, Springfield and St. Louis Missouri. Then, once in Illinois, I will swing North onto I-55N thru Springfield to just South of Chicago where I will make an Eastbound turn onto I-80. I'll stay a short time on I-80 to just past Gary Indiana where I will take the I-94 split into Michigan. I will stay on I-94 to I-275 (just West of Detroit) where I will swing North to Michigan Ave and then onto my brothers condo. I hope to be within 4 hours of his place by this time tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be great all the way there, so we will see. My brother may meet me in Illinois or Indiana on his bike and ride to his place with me, if we can find a place to meet. So, until I can get on a computer and let ya'll know if I made it all the way non-stop, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road and above all else, Ride safe......John

1 comment: