THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

ONLY IN TEXAS 2-28-09

There is a property here in North Texas that I have been meaning to get a picture of the front gate for some time now. Since I now carry my camera with me all the time on the bike (in the cup holder), I finally stopped the other day and took the picture. Scroll down and check out this gate and also see the decision I'll have to make shortly. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..





When they first hung that bike up there several years ago, it still had the seat. But weather takes a toll on a bike suspended 20 feet above the ground. The front gate was also electrified to deter the less than honest types from helping themselves to the bike. I think it may still be..


Gotta admit, the owner is creative...

Now for the decision I will have to make shortly. My wife Janice and I are doing a little bickering over the Harley. She wants me to get the Ultra Classic because she likes the "recliner" like passenger seat, sound system and intercom..I, however, do not care for fairings on my bikes. A long time ago when I was a motorcycle cop, we had those KZ1000 Police Specials with the fairings and gadgets. I enjoyed being in the division but I hated the fairings on the bikes.


And she wants the black Ultra. She told me yesterday that she really wants me to get the Harley trike. I told her when I can no longer ride on two wheels, I'll go to three wheels. Hopefully that won't be for another 15-20 years.



What I want is the Heritage Softail Classic pictured here. It's got the saddle bags for stuff when I go cross-country and a windshield to keep most of the bugs outta my mouth and off my teeth. I have been getting input from my friends. Kevin says to go with the Ultra because you can take off some of the stuff and get it down to almost Softail condition. Plus, he adds, it will cost a lot less than adding stuff onto the Softail down the road. Keith, in Tulsa, who has ridden & owned both and now owns an Ultra has been sending me specs and his opinions of the handling of both. He says to go with the Ultra. Bill in Tucson, who owns a Fat Boy, says not to get either because anything with a windshield and saddlebags is a "geezer glide". He says go with a Fat Boy. David says get a Gold Wing. Eric says get a Venture. Russ and all the others with Ultra's tell me I'm nuts if I don't do go with an Ultra cause once I ride the Ultra, I won't want anything else..
Decisions Decisions...Who says being retired doesn't have any stress factors. Anyway, stay tuned to see if I'm nuts, crazy or just plain psycho. Time will tell. This will conclude this post.
Scroll way down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Rodney................JOHN




1 comment:

  1. Personally I also like the softail classic... However, if I were you, I'd stop bickering and go with the wife's choice...It's a much classier bike...and she can nag you on the intercom or be the co-pilot. I'd go for her choice and I'm sure you gonna have a lot of fun on the road.
    Keep well my Friends

    ReplyDelete