THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Michigan Trip Final Days 5-31/

The Michigan Trip's final days were days spent visiting with family and a ride here and there on the bike. My parents both got into the spirit of things and put on the vest, bandana & shades and I wished I had a trike to put them on...Anyway, scroll down for my final days in Michigan on this trip and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE..







On Sunday, May 31, 09, I load up Ms. Clone for the ride to my parents house. Bob fires up his bike for the ride also.














The bikes at Bob's ready for the ride










The bikes at Bob's









We stop at a gas station to fill up and when I went inside to pay for the gas, I found they carried, in my humble opinion, the best candy bars on the planet, Bun Bars. Here I show Bob the bag full I bought. You can't find these down South and although they may be available all over the North, the only place I have found them is in Michigan. I grew up eating these things.. check em out at: http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/pearsons_buns/










As we head out, I see this big radar in the residential area. Bob says it's for Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). How would you like to have that in your backyard? Can you say: sterilization?










Bob as we roll East









We get to the folks house and here is Mom & me








Mom & me sans helmet









Mom & Bob










She do look the part & has a sense of humor..











I am trying to decide though, hippie or biker? The peace signs are confusing me....(grin)












Dad surprised us all. He has a sense of humor but it usually doesn't fall in this direction.













He use to ride a motorcycle but years ago when he & some friends were riding, his friend got hit by a truck & killed. He hasn't been on one since and we weren't allowed to get motorcycles until we moved out of the house










Me & my sister Vicki. She came over and we went out for a ride.. 99% of the railroad tracks we went over were one set of tracks and smooth. We were launched into the air at one crossing that contained three sets. We landed hard but remained upright. The crossing lacked the "multiple tracks" warning that they are supposed to have and took me by surprise as we both almost came off the bike in mid air..






Vicki gives Mom a "Thank God I'm alive kiss" upon our return. I would have too, but I had to clean the crap off of the seat...






Vicki grins thru the face shield..









Vicki & I also drove out to Hell. Here is the sign that Bob, Rick & I couldn't find when we were there. I always thought Hell was down... Vicki says there are definitely two Hells and I am right about the one we don't want to go to as that one is down, but the other one is this way..







me and the direction to Hell







Oh yeah, I forgot.. This is Hell Michigan









One of those "devil fish"








Vicki at the welcome to Hell sign. for more info on Hell Michigan, see: http://www.hell2u.com/ and http://www.hell-mi.com/ and http://www.hellmichigan.net/








When Bob & I arrived at the folks house, my mom took the following pictures. Me and Bob just after we pulled into the driveway









me & my brother Bob taking off our gear








Bob fixin to help me unload Ms. Clone








Bob







Me, glad to see Mom & Dad again. Every two-three years is just too long..








Brothers of the wind, me & Bob




Mom & me





Mom & Bob




me & Dad






Big Daddy Biker Ken..I thank you Dad for putting this on and humoring your slightly crazy son..







If his friend hadn't been killed all those years ago, who knows? This might of been Dad today. He is a Veteran and I have no doubts that he would be a PGR member.








Thanks Dad for humoring me and for all you did for me while I was growing up. Mostly, thank you for not killing me when I was a young smart alec that deserved to be killed..(grin)






The last four pics were taken by me. This is my brother-in-law Ted. He was in a nasty accident a few years ago and has to get shots in his left eye. He just got shots and was not feeling well








This is Ted's 1970 Corvette Stingray







The Corvette is in mint condition




Last picture of this post is of the interior of Ted's Corvette. I left Michigan on 6-5-09 because storms were moving in and I had to be back in Texas for a pre-op meeting. I had a great time in Michigan and look forward to next year. I will be up there on the Harley next year and we are going to do the West Coast of Michigan (Lake Michigan) and the Upper Peninsula.
So, scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops................JOHN

1 comment:

  1. great post and pics as usual john. i love that stingray too!!! thanks for taking us along on your ride :)

    ReplyDelete