THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

EYE SURGERY COMPLETE 6-18-09

The first part of April 09, I went to my annual eye appointment. My vision had gotten terrible and I was getting concerned about it. The eye exam showed that I was just about blind in my left eye do to a very large cataract that had developed over the past year. So the date was set for the surgery to get it removed and today was the day.






Here I sit in the Doctor's office waiting to go get prepped. I am not anxious about the surgery as Dr. Kelly has done a billion of these. I look this way because I am still mad about getting all my hair cut off as well as my beard. But that's a story for another day.



This was as I got into the car after the surgery. Doc said the surgery went great. I am still a little groggy as you can tell by my right eye. I go back to the doc this afternoon and they are going to take the patch off and let me look around.


The visit to the doc's at 3 p.m. was a big disappointment. When he took the patch off, I had a major case of double vision. I mean it was so bad that I looked at him and two feet away was another image of him. But he said that was pretty common following surgery. Good news is: that it will get better. Bad news is: no motorcycle riding for a week or so. Holy crap!!! I haven't been off the bike more that 2 days since I got it back in January 08... I guess I will get a whole bunch of computer work done including some blog maintenance I have been putting off. I go back to see the doc next Thursday. Hopefully all will be good & he will cut me loose..



Scroll down for more rides, events & posts and don't forget to click on the "older posts" link at the bottom of EACH page for more rides and posts. Check out North Texas Bikers (1) at http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ for rides, events & posts from January 08-November 08. Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe, keep the rubber on the road & pray for our Troops & Patti's safe return from South Korea................JOHN







6 comments:

  1. Well, it still looks like an ouchy to me... be well and take care of yourself and your peepers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to hear the surgery went well, thats scary. and although you may not be happy to have cut your hair and beard, i think you look great. :) hope you can get back out and ride soon. be well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snapshot, glad to hear that the procedure went well. Take care and watch for infection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look hot little pirate ! :D

    Take care of yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care man, and don´t worry.... very soon you will be riding again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Popeye! I'm glad you've got that behind you. Now you just need to do everything the Dr. tells you, so you can get back in the saddle again.

    Getting caught up is something I wish I could do! I've so many posts started and many more stories I haven't read yet... and the clock just keeps ticking by. My problem is, when given the extra time, I want to be out riding, not catching up!

    Take care of that eye! Later friend.

    ReplyDelete