THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE U.S. AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS; THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE, WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE HAVE ENJOYED, ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS


REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE!!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

BLACK SATURDAY AT RRHD 11-29-08

Today, Saturday, 11-29-08, was Black Saturday at Red River Harley Davidson. Russ & Linda were going there to check out the sales, and invited me to go along with them. As I had called the dealership earlier and had told Ginger I would come down and check out the sales, I rode the bike over to Russ & Linda's and rode down to the dealership with them. It was like home week there. Scroll down and see who was also there and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE...





Russ & Linda are all smiles. With Russ's job, they only get to ride on the weekends and the cool weather today was not going to be a deterrent to them. Janice (my wife) had just washed her hair and with Russ saying the windchill at 70 mph would be around 39 degrees (F), she opted to stay home and inside where it was warm..She did not want to get sick...


Russ & Linda rolling East down Seymour Hwy as we head towards the Loop.



Here are Russ & Linda on "The Black Knight" as we head down Seymour Hwy.



Russ & Linda out in front of me as we head East.




A short time later, we arrive at the Red River Harley Davidson Dealership at US 287/City View Drive in Wichita Falls Texas. For more info on the dealership, click the following link: http://redriverharley-davidson.com/Default.asp





This is a new building and location for the Dealership. It used to be located down US287 in Iowa Park Texas..Iowa Park is just West of Wichita Falls Texas






As we got off the bikes I met these folks and they are going to send me their email address and I am going to add them to our ride notification list, so look for them on future posts as we go on different rides and they join us. This is Glenda & Bill..They like to ride and that says alot in itself. I look forward to riding with them.






I went inside the dealership and I found a lot of my favorite people hard at work. This is Ginger and Samantha (Sam), hard at it. The dealership was busy.








Then I hear a big booming voice and I look up and see Kari & Andre. Kari is from Burkburnett Texas and Andre currently resides in Ft. Worth. But, he may be getting transfered by his company up to Massachucetts pretty soon. Well, Massachucetts is only a days ride NorthEast of here. Can you say "Roadtrip"? It was great to see them again..



Here are some other hard workers, Wendi & Jennie. Jennie is my favorite Salesperson and she & her husband Matt, may be selling their Harley. She is going to call me and I am going to go see her and Matt and get pictures of their Harley and put it on the blog for you to see and possibly consider..She says it is beautiful....










Russ takes time out from trying on leathers and poses with Jennie.





My turn....Wendi, me & Jennie...My Harley buying days will begin hopefully next year...





As I was standing there, who comes into view, but Amy, Kyles wife. Kyle is the Vice President of the Blue Knights TX XX and Russ is a Road Captain/Director. Amy has her own Harley (you'll see it momentarily) and is a hoot to be around...We all love Amy & Kyle..Great people!!!






Here is Amy, Amber & Kyle as they get ready to spent all of Kyle's hard earned cash...Well, maybe Amy's hard earned cash...Well, maybe a little from both....



Now, this is what I'm talkin' about!!!






This too!!










But, mainly this...I, personally, am not into the fairings. There has been a few times,though, that I have had gravel hit my legs & fingers at 70 mph and I wished then that I had a fairing. But the pain subsides in a few days and all is well again....






The salespeople were all over that store, waiting on people, stocking shelves, replenishing clothes racks..Here is Ginger with some new Harley t-shirts





Her is Linda waiting patiently on Russ as he checks out the leather's which were I think 10%-15% off.



Russ trying on a leather jacket. They had some great deals on some great looking leathers..



I wandered outside to look at the used Harley's and one of the hardest working salesmen was out showing bikes to some future buyers. We got to talking and as much as I have been to the dealership, I have taken pictures of everyone, including the owners, but have never taken his picture. A major oversite on my part. So, may I introduce Choyce. I will be sure to get more pics of him in the future. Sorry for the oversite Choyce, it was not intenional. See him for a great deal on any one of the bikes there..






A few of the used bikes at the Red River Harley Davidson Dealership. They have a bunch more inside.



As I was talking to Choyce, Johnny rode up on his Harley Screamin Eagle...








Johnny's Harley with the new illumination lights. I am not really sure what the proper name for the lites is






Here is Amy on her Harley...Kyle had wandered off again and she was sitting out here waiting for him to return from his travels about the shop...


Here comes Kyle now, from the service department area..


As many times as I have seen Kyle and his bike, this is the first time i noticed the skulls on the trim at the bottom of his windshield





Kyle , in the saddle and getting ready to roll. Be careful bro and ride safe!! Cya later!!


Part of the tents set up for the Black Friday/Black Saturday sales event..



Some of the model Harley's for sale. I want that replica of Peter Fonda's bike from the movie "Easy Rider". I am one of those who saw it when the movie originally came out in the 60's. I am truly an old fart...



Last picture taken at the dealership before we left are of Russ, Linda, Lance & Johnny.
We had a good time visiting the dealership & looking at the sales. Also had a great time hangin' with our friends and fellow riders. I look forward to our next ride and post with everyone doing what they do best: Ridin' & havin' a great time. Until next ride, event & post, ya'll be careful out there, ride safe and keep the rubber on the road. Everyone have a safe Holiday and check out North Texas Bikers (1) at the following link: http://www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com/ .........JOHN

No comments:

Post a Comment